Mama Mia Italian Hash
Italian Hash is a stick to your ribs, comfort food, with a healthy twist!
- 1lb ground turkey (or beef if you prefer)
- ½ diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive Oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 green zucchinis, grated
- Red pepper flakes, dried oregano, salt & pepper
Steps to filling Uncle Mike’s bowl (inside family joke):
- Brown the turkey meat in 2 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat
- Add diced onion and stir in with meat, cooking until they are translucent
- At this time add 1 tsp of red pepper flakes and oregano, and salt & pepper to taste
- Add grated zucchini and stir in
- Add minced garlic and cook everything until the zucchini has softened/cooked down
- Add the tomatoes (must be drained), I used ¾ can though you may use more or less
- Cook until the liquid has evaporated and add a dash more of salt and pepper before serving
- You may add grated Parmesan on top if you are not diary free like me!
Serves four, though our family of three finished it. The Mrs. comes up with some solid recipes! We are two pretty lucky guys!
Give the Italian Hash a try, we are certain you’ll enjoy!